Pages

Saturday 6 November 2010

Gamer (Trailer) dedicated to Week 10 Games and Avatars

This is a movie trailer called 'Gamer' which I have watched it very recently. This movie was actually being released in 2009 and it was one of the best movies I have ever watched. This movie is about a game where those who play the game actually control 'real' people to play the game. The people who are in the game are experiencing real life situations for example if the gamer makes he or she dies, then they really die.One of the games is 'The Slayer' and the characters are actually prisoners being forced to be in the game. These people have no idea what is going on except that they have to somewhat survive in a midst of war-like zone and having someone controlling their mind?

These prisoners are being controlled by those who played them. A microchip or somewhat like a biotechnological bacteria are being inserted in their brain and allows them to be able to be controlled by the gamers. Thus these prisoners are like puppets and their life depends on those who play them. However this might be possible because since technology and media have the full control of the world and especially the human minds, and now, our lives? I am not surprised if this is happening in reality. Wait, I am now confused? Is this reality? Or are we living in a virtual world? It seems that the word 'reality' and 'virtual' seems to interrelated now. Guess those who are living in the jungle cut away from technology whatsoever or those 'Amish' people are what you call living in 'reality'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's More Than Meets The Eye

Assalamualaikum and Good Day! :)

I would like to welcome everyone who is visiting my blog :) I am happy to say that I'm proud to be in this course. This is a project journal for Visual Communication. I do hope you enjoy and do comment on any posts I made. Really appreciated it :)


Template by:
Free Blog Templates