Pages

Sunday 8 August 2010

Getting My Driving License (Wk 1)





Justify FullAs what you can see, Road Signs. I know it is obvious but these are the things I usually see in my everyday life. Signs that do not just show pictures or images but also telling us something. This is my basic understanding of Visual Communication. Instead of people telling you which to go, symbols like these help us to be safe on the roads. Therefore, the road signs are trying to communicate with us with the images they are showing such as the Bus Stop sign and left and right turn signs. The reason that they give these visual symbols is that so that it is easy for road users to immediately capture the meaning of the symbols shown while they are driving instead of using words or sentences which you need to carefully read them. It could be DANGEROUS! especially for slow and some...careful readers.


Moreover, if you look carefully at the signs above, they have captions under each signs but none of them are the meanings that the signs are showing such as the No Dogs Allowed sign, the caption says Gorgeous Girls Only. What I am trying to say is that people can make different kinds of ideas just by looking at the images.  This is because people have their own perception of things. Some of them are reasonable, such as the Traffic Light sign, the captions says, Disco. It does look like a disco light because it is colourful. However not all the signs above are real road signs, some of them are just jokes. But just imagine if we do put those funny signs on the road, I am sure that there will be people panicking or probably just wondering if the government is crazy or just to think twice whether to follow it or not. But as far as they are concerned, it is the law that we have to obey road signs after all.


SO
what I have learned is that signs and symbols are easy to use in order to communicate with people. It is easy to learn and understand than wordy and long sentences. Moreover, it is also another way for the disabled people to communicate such as using braille and sign language.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's More Than Meets The Eye

Assalamualaikum and Good Day! :)

I would like to welcome everyone who is visiting my blog :) I am happy to say that I'm proud to be in this course. This is a project journal for Visual Communication. I do hope you enjoy and do comment on any posts I made. Really appreciated it :)


Template by:
Free Blog Templates