Pages

Wednesday 11 August 2010

NOSTALGIA... (Wk 2)


Nostalgia basically means the pleasant things that has happened in our past.  They are our memories that are sentimental, beautiful and that we cherish them whenever we think about it. It is what makes us happy and keep us moving on. A person should have at least one or two nostalgic experience or life would be in misery and I  am sure of it.

Whenever I hear this word 'nostalgia' my mind immediately picture a Malay karaoke CD my dad used to have when I was eleven and the album name is Nostalgia. It was a compilation of the greatest Malay singers in the old days and most of the singers are my dad's favorite such as Broery Marantika, P.Ramlee, Sheila Majid and some others. So when Sir Chris asked us 'What is nostalgia?' it made me smile because it reminds me of the CD and also the surprising fact that my dad can sing! I found out that my dad could sing the next day after I saw the CD on his desk. For your information, my dad is a very serious man and it is a rarity to see him in such...personality...I would say.


Other nostalgic things that you keep other than the memories you play in your mind would be photographs, videos, music and perhaps objects. I, for one, would say that I am fortunate to be given my own space in my wardrobe and I have these two huge drawers where I kept all the things of my past such as my diaries, trophies, photo albums, birthday cards and gift wrappers, perfume bottles and some shopping bags and receipts that are memorable and somewhat like souvenirs I intend to keep for memories. I would keep all these safely inside my wardrobe and is strictly forbidden for anyone to touch anything in it. So whenever I feel bored or nothing to do I would just sit there and rummage everything out and I would smile and giggle just by looking at the wonderful treasures I have kept all these years!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's More Than Meets The Eye

Assalamualaikum and Good Day! :)

I would like to welcome everyone who is visiting my blog :) I am happy to say that I'm proud to be in this course. This is a project journal for Visual Communication. I do hope you enjoy and do comment on any posts I made. Really appreciated it :)


Template by:
Free Blog Templates