Pages

Saturday 7 August 2010

My Understanding of Visual Communication (Wk 1)

Here is a short animation I got from Youtube. It is a video promotion for Visual Communication during a monsoon fiesta at the National Institute of Design in India. It is simple and short but it gives a very powerful meaning for visual communication. I hope you enjoyed it! :)







To be honest, I have to watch this clip for three times until I finally understood how it represents visual communication. I have my own interpretation and I hope those of you who have watched it could tell me your own interpretation of the video by commenting on it. 

My interpretation is that the caveman tries to get rid of the lion by using various kinds of weapons but he just could not kill the lion. Eventually, he successfully kill the lion but more of making the lion to disappear by using a somewhat flimsy blank paper. The lion seems to dissolve into the blank paper and somewhat turn into a photo. After my third attempt of trying to understand the animation, I finally understood what it is trying to say. What I understand is that the lion is captured into the photo 'literally'. We know that we use camera to take pictures and the we will have a still life image captured into the photo after it is being developed. It means that we capture these real life images and put it into the photos so that they do not move and we are able to look at it any time we want without the images in the photo changing. That is the purpose of photographs and that is what the animation is trying to say. 

If any of you have different interpretations please do comment on it. Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's More Than Meets The Eye

Assalamualaikum and Good Day! :)

I would like to welcome everyone who is visiting my blog :) I am happy to say that I'm proud to be in this course. This is a project journal for Visual Communication. I do hope you enjoy and do comment on any posts I made. Really appreciated it :)


Template by:
Free Blog Templates